Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

If only I had a bigger garage...

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by KidHauler, Dec 18, 2009.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks like it was used for a live film production crew, like a TV station. That's about the only thing I could think the roof deck was for, with the ladder on the back and all...

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I live by the Lowes Motor Speedway and you see a lot of trucks with roof racks like that in the in-field for watching the race from.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a big garage. Go ahead and buy it. I'll put it my garage! :)

5. Project Reaper

Project Reaper Rockstar 100 Posts

I dig the rack for sure, looks tough as hell!

6. omnisi

omnisi Rockstar 100 Posts

Mardi Gras !

7. omnisi

omnisi Rockstar 100 Posts

Anyone know where I can get a rack like that? Ive been searching for one just like it. ...really.

Thanks

8. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Thule has something like it, and I think Go Rhino. I've seen others, but don't remember the names. Check out sites that sell HiLift jacks, I've seen heavy duty racks on those sites, they may have links.

My friends and I have talked about setting up my gold burb like this, ya know, to scare the neighbors, but my wife keeps saying no.

Good luck,

9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

True, if you can get the truck parked on the parade route in time for the parade, and keep it from getting towed. I'm not parade goer, despite living just outside of New Orleans, it got old quick for me. I'd want ti for exactly what I said, mobile tv production use. :great:

10. Gryphon

Gryphon Rockstar 100 Posts

Sweet ride, all set up for expedition drives or extended camping. Be a great elk hunting truck!

Check out 4 Wheel Parts for stuff like that or you can do a web search for Safari Rack. ARB makes some of the best stuff on the market but yer gonna pay for it. A friend with a decent welder and skills can whip one out in an afternoon for less in steel and beer than one would cost to buy one...should.
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Exterior...-Rack.aspx?t_c=3&t_s=82&t_pt=3426&t_pl=100290