If you are worried gas mileage.....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 07XCSB, May 3, 2012.

1. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Why in the world would you buy a fullsize truck? I swear, Trade the dang thing in on a honda or Shut up and drive it.

Sorry for the rant, but I just think its dumb to buy a fullsize truck and complain about it fuel mileage.

2. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I only complain about it when my truck is not getting what its suppose to get for mpg. I would be happy with 15.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I hate to say it but I agree... It is a Truck.. You can do what you like to it But any of the Newer Chevy or GMC models with a 5.3-6.0 will get 13-18 Avg MPG.. With all I have done and watching how I drive I Avg 14.7 and I'm happy..

4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Why start a thread complaining about other peoples complaints? Isn't that a little bit hypocritical?

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think it's a funny thread.

When I was driving my 300C SRT8 I was lucky if I got 11.8 combined; I always had my foot in it. My little 4-banger MR2 turbo guzzled fuel, too; I could almost see the gas gauge dip when the turbo spooled up. And I'm SHOCKED (in a good way) at getting 14-16 in my lifted, big-tarred machine; it gets th best gas mileage out of any 4-wheeled vehicle I've owned, lol.

Surreal

P.S. I was getting about 11.2 shortly after I got the tires and such on it. This was before my tuner, custom tune, and re-gear. Heck, I thought 11.2 was fine for the size and weight of the machine, so I am ecstatic at 14-16.

6. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Haha! Well said and I agree. I also agree with what the phantom said. I only complain about my MPGs when they aren't what I think they should be. I was averaging 13.9 mpg around town the past week, and yeah I was bitchin about it because there are others around the forum and that I know who get 15-16. Thats just my two cents.

7. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I see that happens here often. But Im not complaining. lol

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There's always forum drama. There happens to be less of it here than on most forums...

9. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I maybe hypocritic, but atleast I'm not a F***ing moran wanting my 4wd fullsize chevy to get 25mpg in the city. If gas mileage is that importand, sell the truck and buy a Honda.

As for guys that has lost a few mpg, I completely understand wanting to get back what you lost. It could be a serious problem that need attention.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  10. SWAT13

SWAT13 Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I can get 16 - 18 if I behave...........