1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If you are worried gas mileage.....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 07XCSB, May 3, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

But isn't a Prius a foreign car manufacturer? It isn't GM is it? Why doesn't GM have a reliable high mileage vehicle, That is also affordable
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Because GM, like other manufacturers, invested in oil companies when it diversified.
  3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ummm... Toyotas are built in the USA. GM has assembly plants outside the USA. ALL of the GM assembly plants use parts that have been sourced from other countries.

GM DOES make "affordable" fuel efficient cars, just like Toyota makes fuel drinking V8 pickup trucks. I wouldn't consider the Prius to be a cheap, entry level commuter car. When we bought ours, they were priced a lot more than comparably equipped Camrys and Corollas. In fact, I believe that for the same money, we could have taken home nicely equipped V8 full size pickup with an impressive amount of bells, whistles and whizbangs.

I am a Chevy truck guy to the core, but I have to be honest here and say that I have driven the Toyota truck offerings. In my opinion, their fit and finish is far better than ANY American branded truck ever built. They are tight, powerful and comfortable. their specifications are second to none.
  4. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Stock Toyota's are also better than pretty much any stock domestic Chevy/Ford/Dodge for getting into and off of leases for the oil and gas industry out here.

I have seen stock Tundras power through slop that jacked up domestics get bogged down in.

Don't get me wrong, I am Chevy 'till the casket drop. But some of the stuff I have seen the Toyotas do is amazing.
  5. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

GM has the new Spark going to get one first chance I get:no:
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  6. moogvo

What? .
  7. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

images.jpg
    2013 Chevrolet Spark
  8. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Ha! That looks like a 3cyl jukebox rollerskate.. I would hate to see what are trucks would do to that and the occupants if it ran a red light.
  9. moogvo

Isnt that the one that blows packing peanuts out of the steering wheel in an accident? I think it comes standard with side curtain ziplock bags too.

That's just one though. Don't you need one for each foot?
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You just made an unfair comparison -- comparing an alternative energy/efficiency vehicle to others that are not, as it has technology in it the others do not. Compare apples to apples, please. Compare the cost of the Prius to the Leaf or the Volt. In a more fair comparison such as this, the Prius IS the cheap alternative energy/efficiency commuter vehicle of the three.