1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

if you have a predator....how do you have yours set up

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by schultzie, Jun 17, 2011.

1. schultzie

schultzie New Member

if you have a pedator how is your set up...specifics...air/fuel and such. what year and model is your vehicle with the tune and engine class.

mine is a 2006 silverado Z71 5.3 L33
    all the truck has right now is K&N 77 serier cai
    i did the 87 octane tune
    eleminated fuel shut off
    maxed out shift firmness and quicker shift.
    thats all i did till i figure this thing out more
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You want to adjust the Long Term Fuel Trims. On Diablo's website it tells you how to do this in the GM Preditor parameters explained section. Its under the injector slope section. Look at the Determining long term fuel trims. Follow these instructions. It takes time and maybe several times to get the LTFT's adjusted but its worth it. Everyone on this site that has taken the time to do this adjustment say it makes a differance. You need to have your Preditor set at live data so you can look at the LTFT's while driving. Its best to have someone drive so you can look at the Preditors screen. You want to get your LTFT's between 0 and -2. I got mine to 0 and -1.56. The drivers and passenger side will not have the same #'s, this is normal. I ended up taking -8% out of mine to get it adjusted to the 0 and -1.56. Every truck is differant so don't try to tune your truck with someones else's adjustments. I know this looks hard but its not. I learned ALOT looking at there forums. My truck is a '05 5.3 Z-71.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey Silver.. when you adjust the long term fuel trims, what kind of difference are you talking about? ive been looking at them to. and know very little about the fuel trims etc. but if you say it is worth it im just wondering what it is making a difference in?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

The throttle response is much better, more power overall and better mpg's. Its well worth the time to do. Also I turned my idle up 100rpms, this helped that little stumble when first stepping on the gas.
  5. schultzie

schultzie New Member

ok i am def gonna do it i have been doing a lot of research on diablosports site and diablews site and downloaded software and stuff. can i just get on the freeway and set the cruise to were my truck will keep a steady rpm range and my predator will log and save all the info. then i export it to my pc and run it through the software stuff
  6. silveradotrailblazer

Yes, the freeway is the best place to do this. You have to keep your rpm's above 1,800 and not above 2,400. When your looking at the live data the LTFT's will keep changing. When they quit changing/lock-in then thats the number you have to adjust. Sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes of driving to get this locked in. The number may start moving again but go buy the first numbers that locked in. When you go to adjust the numbers make sure you turn off the truck. You only what the truck turned on when your in the live data section of the Preditor. When I adjusted my truck I did it early in the am so I didn't have to worry about other traffic.
  7. schultzie

schultzie New Member

ok. we dont have much traffic out here usually so it shouldnt be to bad. ill try and do this when i get a chance... ill keep yall posted on the numbers
  8. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

This is something I really need to do as well. Right now I'm running the 87 octane tune with adjustments for my gears and my tires.
  9. schultzie

schultzie New Member

did the drive and data log then followed the instructions i found on diablews site and used his dslogredux software and it came up with -13% for the injector scope so i changed that on the 87 octane tune and installed...... noticable difference. im gonna do some more data logging after i drive it about 50 miles
  10. silveradotrailblazer

Sounds good, glad you where able to get it adjusted. Try adding 100 rpm's to the idle.