1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If you want to add fogs but need OEM pigtail...part number.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Jul 26, 2010.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought the pigtail connectors for the fog lights for my 08 Sierra.... the part number is 19168034 if anyone needs them.

Local dealer gave me their "web" price of 34.00 each...you can find em cheaper on the web give or take 4 bucks.
  2. sstoner911

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for that info!
  4. sstoner911

No problem...glad it could help someone.
  5. arcabuddy

arcabuddy New Member

I'm attempting to add the fog lights to my 2010 Sierra, I have the lights put in, the relay and fuse is already in the truck. If I get the pigtail connector, one end plugs into the light but where does the other end go? Thanks.
  6. sstoner911

Thwe pig tails will have a white and black wire on them( on mine anyway) so I took the wite wire from on pigtail and ran it to the wite wire on the the other pigtal closest to the fuse box under the hood and did the same for the black wire. So you should end up with one white and one black rather than 4 seperate wires. The black wire i used as the ground and the wire wire and ran to the fog light fuse in the fuse box under the hood.

I used this fuse tap"

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102780

However, I wish i had gotten this one as it would have been easier:
    http://www.cooperbussmann.com/images/49377357-4055-4945-a6a2-1e7bb04a08b9.JPG

The cooperbussman one is available at AutoZone.
  7. arcabuddy

arcabuddy New Member

Thanks A Lot!!
  8. Leverlution

Leverlution Rockstar

This info was given to me by a forum member here. Not sure if he wants his name out there or not, if so just speak up and I will verify :) I am still in the process of doing my little wiring project as well, but I wanted a completely OEM setup short of the lights themselves. The add-a-circuit fuse with GM pigtail is a good idea, but you could just get the OEM terminal (the one on the end of the GM Fog Light Kit) and plug it into the fuse box where it belongs, use real fuses, and have it all basically OEM. Here is the part number for the terminal:

Delphi Terminal - Delphi terminal tray #4 - Part # 13525969. I have a buddy that works at a local dealer. Just went up there today and BAM, there it was. Got 2 of em for free :) Just crimp a wire to it, plug it in to the right pin inside the fuse box just like the fog light kit (Just do a search for fog light kit instructions on NBS) and forget the add a circuit stuff.
  9. GrizzlyTN

GrizzlyTN Rockstar 100 Posts

Leverlution - I have a 2008 GMC Sierra WT, I want to add the OEM fog lights. I found the GM part number 19170447 that includes the switch and the fog lights. I don't know what else I would need to buy to do it myself though. Being a newbie doesn't help but there is so much information it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
  10. Leverlution

Leverlution Rockstar

If you want OEM fog lights, which is what it sounds like, the cheapest and best route is to buy a "GM Fog Light Kit" from gmpartsdirect or something of that nature. $250 and it comes with EVERYTHING you'll need.