Ignition [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by AndyD, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyD

AndyD Member

Does anyone have experience with a msd multi spark ignition control box like the 6a or comparable products? Also, to maximize the effect, what kind of distributor, spark plugs and wires are the best with that? Supposedly it improves engine power, increases gas mileage, lets the engine live longer, improve emissions etc. etc. How big is this effect really?

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Re: Ignition

The spark that comes out of an MSD set up is incredible. I never got any measurable mileage increase, but I still use them. The stock distributor will do. Just get a high quality cap and rotor, a good coil and BIG 9mm plug wires and you're set to go. Spark plugs don't matter with an MSD. I swear you could tear the ground electrode off the plug and the MSD would just spark to the top of the piston!
    [​IMG]

3. gmcjohnny

gmcjohnny Member

RE: Re: Ignition

if thats the rotor your going to use go to msd an get the plastic screws to hold rotor down i did have metal screws in mine an spark started to jump across to them johnny

4. AndyD

AndyD Member

RE: Re: Ignition

Wow, that sounds like a real improvement over stock. So much more spark should at least improve power and emissions. I'll look for an msd 6 on ebay.
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.