1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ignition is frozen.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by lindsaynuts8, Aug 10, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

So i wasparked at work yesterday and shut my key off and my ignition locked up solid. I can put the key in and take it out but it wont unlock. I did not bend the key or break any notches.off of it. Any ideas?
  2. Stevessilver10

Stevessilver10 New Member

That use to happen to me on my old truck and I use to try a move the steering wheel left to right and try turning ignition
  3. lindsaynuts8

lindsaynuts8 New Member

the steering wheel is locked. the ignition is stuck. i tried everything. just went and got an ignition was wondering if someone could give me some tips on how to install it. never done it before
  4. Kady

Kady New Member 100 Posts

Even if your steering is locked, you have some play in it, turn it slightly, which ever way it moves, and try then. Used to happen to my truck all the time.