1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ignition Switch Intermittant fail?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by irenaios, Jun 11, 2010.

1. irenaios

irenaios New Member

Initially I thought something really serious was going on, but by tinkering I find I am definately seeing an electrical issue.

Often when I turned the key the truck would turn over but would never start. Eventually I noticed that when this happened I would not hear the familiar power up of the fuel pump in the back. Furthermore I noticed that none of the warning lights would come on. Now I've found I can turn the key back and forth and usually after a few tries the warning lights will all pop on and at that point I know the truck will start.

I'm assuming the ignition switch is going bad, but I thought I might toss this out there in case someone might point me in a different direction before I blow the $100 and the effort of pulling the steering column apart.

Could it be anything else?

Thanks!
    James