1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ignition switch ??????

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by DAREDEVIL, Feb 24, 2010.

1. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

What are the simptoms of a bad ignition switch on a 1996 GMC 2500 ??????????

I lost ALL power on the burban last night and towed it home,,,not even the 4 ways worked.
    At 4 am all of the sudden they came on and everything is back to normal .. MMMMMMMHHHHH ???!!!:neutral:

HELP !!!!!

2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

Honestly, it sounds like something as stupid and simple as a loose power or ground on your battery. Your ignition switch has nothing to do with your hazards not working. Check the easy stuff first, that's my $0.02 man, lol. :)

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea I agree with TYMBOM the 4 ways are independant of the ignition. Look at the battery and fuse box/connections.
    Good time to check your grounds too.

4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

YOU ARE CORRECT !!!!! LOL,,the wire going from the batt to the ECM is where the problem was !!!!!

Its what i thought , thats why i asked the question about the ignition switch...a friend of mine kind of brought that up. Anyways.....THANKS !!!!! :great:

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good to hear you got the problem found out quickly.

6. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I'm glad you got it beat!