1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ignition

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by Mirth, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Mirth

Mirth New Member

Has anyone else have this problem? I have an '03 Ext Trailblazer about 26000 miles. I go to start it and nothing. no lights. no cranking, nothing. The key gets stuck in the ignition. First time I thought it was the battery so I replaced the battery on a Friday went to the zoo on Monday the come out the the truck won't start again. Its very frustrating, especially as it is happening more and more often. How can I fix this. The warranty is expired and I would rather not take it to the dealer unless there is no other choice. I really don't want them just poking around trying ro figure it out. The last time they had my truck it took them 4 1/2 months to decide that they were going to go ahead and replace the tranny. I only have a couple of more months on this island (BTW I'm in Hawaii) before we transfer and really need to have my truck.
  2. funhater1

funhater1 New Member

My key has never got stuck in the ignition however the failure to start issue is a very common problem for Trailblazers from what I have heard and read in other forums.

The common fix was to replace the ignition switch which ran anywhere from $125 to $175. I am having the same fix put into ours since I cant trust it to take my wife and kids anywhere.

Good Luck!