Illegal to wash your car in your own driveway in Garden City NY?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Pikey, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I saw this online. Apparently it is against a city ordinance to wash your car in your own driveway in Garden City, NY. I kinda feel sorry for the cop. You can tell that he thinks that the situation is ridiculous and is just doing his job. He seems to be pretty cool with the guys even while they are being smart A$$es

Warning! The cop swears a few times.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

id hose the neighbors car with a paintball gun in the middle of the night and call the police when I see them washing it while recording the whole thing lol

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. Dueck

Dueck Member

I heard it was illegal in Calgary, Alberta as well. Pretty crazy.

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I would get so many tickets. This is a BS law. I use to have a book on unusual laws and you would be surprised.
    http://www.dumblaws.com/laws

5. Curky

In Alabama it is illegal to flick a booger into the wind.....

6. Curky

In Ohio you can get a parking ticket if your tire is more than 2in. On the grass. $20 a ticket and I do have one of those naoughbors that call on everything because one day my wife flicked a cigarette out her window while passing her house(when she smoked) we have had nothing but problems since..,...

7. Dueck

Dueck Member

Alabama is one messed up state. In Auburn,
    Men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, may face up to five years in jail.
    What do they do, drive them out of town for the first one?

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Guess I won't be moving there any time soon..... :oops:

9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

many places like that no car washing ordnance in the PRK (people's Republik of Kalifornia). Theres even subdivisions where its against the rules to park a car in your driveway. Although NY does try in every way to rival the shear stupidity of California.

10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Youve got that right... and now its not good enough... NY wants to begin to lead the way on shear stupidity with their money sucking stupid laws. Just ask governor Cuomo he will tell ya how NY is going to lead the way for gun control.. So look out Cali... NY is looking at your laws and gonna do them 1 better.:grrrrrr: