1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Illumination wire in HHR

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by jlackerman, Jun 7, 2008.

1. jlackerman

jlackerman New Member

I just installed a new pioneer deck in my panel HHR, I could not figure out what wire to connect to for auto dimming the brightness of the new stereo. It is way to bright at night. Anybody else have this problem & find a solution? Help, I am blinded by the light....
    Jeff
  2. lawson4450

lawson4450 Member

when you put the radio in did you buy a radio harness that would just plug into the unit if not then get a chilton or haynes manual at the local auto parts store and look in the back they have wiring diagrams in them and last but not least call one of the local stereo shops and see if they can help you. hell even check with the gm dealer for the wire diagrams.
  3. jlackerman

jlackerman New Member

Thanks, I had thought I might do that . Jeff
  4. montyss

montyss New Member

Its the orange wire , and if you need a adapter I have one for sale in the "for sale section " Pac AOEM-GM1416A
    I bought this for my truck but after getting it realized it was the wrong one hence the A after the part # , I needed the part without the "A",
    just PAC AOEM-GM1416