I'm a NEWB

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Deano#4, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Deano#4

Deano#4 New Member

Just purchased an 03 Silverado Z71 LS with a Voltan cold air intake and a flowmaster exhaust. Wondering if someone could give me the approximate Horse Power? Any help is appreciated. I'm proud to be a GM owner.

2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site, I don't know how much HP it has, but hopefully someone in the club will help you find a answer, or know someone who does.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Lots of those installed on here. Welcome to the site@!

4. Eslingerj

Eslingerj New Member

imma newb to but i have bein a life time chevy guy ive got a 93 burb that under construction.... welcome to the site so far i found it very useful.... enjoy

5. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site, not sure how much hp the 03's came with but you should be able to google it and I think the cold air intake adds about 10 extra

6. wrightj

wrightj Member

hey i'm a nebi, anyone know what would cause a tick in my engine but its not a valve stem or anything..?

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! If the '03 is the same as the '04, the 5.3L was rated at 295hp from the factory. I don't have any idea how much the Volant would add, but it should be worth a few. The 295hp is @ the flywheel.

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

welcome to the site

9. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

10. Deano#4

Deano#4 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm happy to have found such a cool site. I have found it very helpful so far.