I'm bored

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by CarpenterGuy, Sep 30, 2008.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

So how's everyone's day been? I'm bored.
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member

check pm...

my day's been one of the more negative ones of the weeks past. I'm getting frustrated at myself for not knowing more in an automotive sense than I do.
  3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

I nkow how you feel. My uncle could take apart a car and put it back to gather with his eyes closed and it frustrates me how he can hold so much knowledge...and how the heck he knows it.
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member

I constantly see ppl on tv (granted it's TV-easy... but still!) either taking a car and totally take it apart and rebuild in a few days' time or completely scratch-build projects one bolt at a time....

......and I have trouble changing an O2 sensor.

Nevermind that, I have problems diagnosing a highway lurching suburban!

WTH!??
  5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

lol i think it's all staged. Every bit of it is staged. There's no way in an 8 hour day you can strip down and rebuild a car in a couple days
  6. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Foose wouldn't lie to me...

:glasses:
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

my day has been good.. it looks like im going to need another day added to this week so i can get everything done :lol:
    and i saw a 45 second engine swap (this including drving the car 15 feet) with 3 guys
  8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

yeah those drag car motors get fully rebuilt between races. that always has amazed me.
  9. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

That's rediculous
  10. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

and thats why they get paid more money than i make in a year :)
  11. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Muahaha! We most go to the same site... saw that one too! Little tiny european car if I remember correctly.
  12. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

My chemistry teacher is probobly one of the biggest tree huggers i know. He drives a 1 liter geo metro. He showed me a video of him lifting his engine out by himself. No winches or cranes, no nothing. He just grabbed it and picked it up, and he's not a strong guy. It was really interesting.

I have to start driving our Lancer. I'm out of gas and i'm broke till this weekend. I'm gonna go around and collect my grass money (or gas money) and fill 'er up. Till then I have to bear with a teeny 2 liter.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008