I'm buying a Ford!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by sgtsjj, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you plan on tracking it or drag or just a cruiser. Honestly I've never put a ford motor back into a fox body and I've built 5 of them, 4 of which are drag cars and one was for autocross. if your gunna put a ford motor in it I don't know why you would use the 5.0. Cheap and available parts

2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Im glad someone out there likes the foxbodies. Personally I hate them and think they were the ugliest mustang ever made. I like mustangs dont get me wrong but those fox bodies were something awful.

3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

what im planning is to have it a mix of both something that i can take to the track if i want but be able to drive it on the street to cruise, being that its an LX one i dont feel right putting a 5.0 in it, and the 5.0 is so over done up here i want it to be a little different, every foxbody up here has the 5.0 in it. Kyle they are sort of ugly yes, i like them for their size, being so small and light, in my opinion they look better than the 95-98 body styles though

4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I know what you mean. My aunt and uncle are good friends of Bill Fox of Fox Mustangs and he has a big collection of them. Makes me glad to look at my truck when I leave.

5. sgtsjj

haha ya, i mean if it was any body style of mustang i wouldnt complain i mean $100 for basically a really clean car that just need an engine and tranny it really wouldnt matter to me what the body style is

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My buddy had a convert lx that came with a 5.0. Just get an aluminum block don't want make that front end to heavy or you'll just turn it into a drifting machine. I'm not to into ford motors other than the 5.0 and the 4.6 dohc sc

7. sgtsjj

oh yea with how light the car is having a really heavy front end would be bad, i still havent decided on the motor, but i have a little while to figure that out lol

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

maybe someone asked (I skimmed these 3 pages ...) but what exactly is a foxbody vs. a non-foxbody for a mustang?

9. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

Put a 5.4L SVT motor in it and call it a day....

10. sgtsjj

i stole a pic from some where off the all knowing interwebs... but this body style is called the foxbody, all the other body styles im not sure if there is really a name for them or not.

Mcrews i may have to look into that...now one of my buddies here may have talked me into a 5.0 because of what was pointed out earlier on the thread about them being cheap...and i am known to blow up car motors pretty easily

Attached Files: