1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm buying a Ford!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by sgtsjj, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Do you plan on tracking it or drag or just a cruiser. Honestly I've never put a ford motor back into a fox body and I've built 5 of them, 4 of which are drag cars and one was for autocross. if your gunna put a ford motor in it I don't know why you would use the 5.0. Cheap and available parts
  2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

Im glad someone out there likes the foxbodies. Personally I hate them and think they were the ugliest mustang ever made. I like mustangs dont get me wrong but those fox bodies were something awful.
  3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts

what im planning is to have it a mix of both something that i can take to the track if i want but be able to drive it on the street to cruise, being that its an LX one i dont feel right putting a 5.0 in it, and the 5.0 is so over done up here i want it to be a little different, every foxbody up here has the 5.0 in it. Kyle they are sort of ugly yes, i like them for their size, being so small and light, in my opinion they look better than the 95-98 body styles though
  4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member

I know what you mean. My aunt and uncle are good friends of Bill Fox of Fox Mustangs and he has a big collection of them. Makes me glad to look at my truck when I leave.
  5. sgtsjj

haha ya, i mean if it was any body style of mustang i wouldnt complain i mean $100 for basically a really clean car that just need an engine and tranny it really wouldnt matter to me what the body style is
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

My buddy had a convert lx that came with a 5.0. Just get an aluminum block don't want make that front end to heavy or you'll just turn it into a drifting machine. I'm not to into ford motors other than the 5.0 and the 4.6 dohc sc
  7. sgtsjj

oh yea with how light the car is having a really heavy front end would be bad, i still havent decided on the motor, but i have a little while to figure that out lol
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

maybe someone asked (I skimmed these 3 pages ...) but what exactly is a foxbody vs. a non-foxbody for a mustang?
  9. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 New Member

Put a 5.4L SVT motor in it and call it a day....
  10. sgtsjj

i stole a pic from some where off the all knowing interwebs... but this body style is called the foxbody, all the other body styles im not sure if there is really a name for them or not.

Mcrews i may have to look into that...now one of my buddies here may have talked me into a 5.0 because of what was pointed out earlier on the thread about them being cheap...and i am known to blow up car motors pretty easily

Attached Files: