Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

I'm buying a Ford!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by sgtsjj, Aug 11, 2012.

1. medicmatt

medicmatt Member 100 Posts

Wait...you mean everyone doesn't do that?!?!

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Ok sarge I have a good motor for you. The only Ford motor I really enjoyed building as my father tlked of his uncles. It is a flathead . Stiil some parts to dress it up and power to spare as well as a statement at the show circuit.Split the pipes, triple dueces and on and on. I built one for a 49 Ford police special restore and on my did that sled fly. We did burnouts for 300 yards. Sadly my father sold it out from under me. Not angry , he needed the cash to pay the mortgage. One of the pitfalls of following religious beliefs on birth control.

http://youtu.be/dYH1TgYhx84

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

4. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

Yea, a flathead would be cool in a foxbody!!!

5. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

hmm i will have to look into that coach...sadly as much as i dont want to put a 5.0 in it i may have been talked into it by the simple fact i like to blow fast cars up (by accident) and rebuilding a 5.0 would be cheaper than almost any other ford motor out there

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Build it right and try not to rev it to high and you shouldn't blow it. My buddy who uses his as a track only car has over a year of hardcore track use and has yet to rebuild anything on the motor

7. sgtsjj

i plan on having it built right, im going to have a professional actually build the motor since i havent ever done something like that, the whole revving thing though..that could be an issue, i love hearing the sound of beefed up motors lol

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just don't run it to high in the red and you'll be fine. I completing understand your issue though just learn the motors limit

9. sgtsjj

for sure i will learn the motor first before anything, heres some pics of it finally picked it up today

Attached Files:

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Well it looks rough but hell it is a project car