I'm buying a Ford!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by sgtsjj, Aug 11, 2012.

1. medicmatt

medicmatt Member 100 Posts

Wait...you mean everyone doesn't do that?!?!

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Ok sarge I have a good motor for you. The only Ford motor I really enjoyed building as my father tlked of his uncles. It is a flathead . Stiil some parts to dress it up and power to spare as well as a statement at the show circuit.Split the pipes, triple dueces and on and on. I built one for a 49 Ford police special restore and on my did that sled fly. We did burnouts for 300 yards. Sadly my father sold it out from under me. Not angry , he needed the cash to pay the mortgage. One of the pitfalls of following religious beliefs on birth control.

http://youtu.be/dYH1TgYhx84

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

4. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

Yea, a flathead would be cool in a foxbody!!!

5. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

hmm i will have to look into that coach...sadly as much as i dont want to put a 5.0 in it i may have been talked into it by the simple fact i like to blow fast cars up (by accident) and rebuilding a 5.0 would be cheaper than almost any other ford motor out there

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Build it right and try not to rev it to high and you shouldn't blow it. My buddy who uses his as a track only car has over a year of hardcore track use and has yet to rebuild anything on the motor

7. sgtsjj

i plan on having it built right, im going to have a professional actually build the motor since i havent ever done something like that, the whole revving thing though..that could be an issue, i love hearing the sound of beefed up motors lol

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just don't run it to high in the red and you'll be fine. I completing understand your issue though just learn the motors limit

9. sgtsjj

for sure i will learn the motor first before anything, heres some pics of it finally picked it up today

Attached Files:

10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Well it looks rough but hell it is a project car