I'm buying a Ford!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by sgtsjj, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When I working in the garage the owner scored a LX for $50 because the motor was blown. He dropped a 460 in it! The front suspension did not like it at all. He ended up putting a GT front end under it. A month later the frame was twisted from the power of the 460.

2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

exactly its a project car, cant complain about what i paid for it either, the interior is mint though it doesnt look worn at all, all the rough spots are on the outside, and i successfully finished off the 4 banger in it :)

3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

$100-
    Just $100 ??
    Well the price is certainly right!
    Hey pretty area-so that is what Minn looks like?
    Pretty-almost worth the 20 below winters I guess!
    Charlie

4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

With the mint interior and the price you paid for it I think its a great buy. I bet that ford will be badass when you get it all together. Did you get any video of finishing off the 4 banger?

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I am not a huge fan of foxbodies but cant beat that price for a project car.

As said before the 302 is a cheap and easy motor to get parts for. the 427 SCJ would be awesome but much more dinero.

6. sgtsjj

sadly no i didnt get any video of it, i literally turned the key just because i wanted to laugh at the sound of the ford dying and it ran for 30 seconds and died....im going with a 302 for sure just for cost wise, itll probably be FI even though Carbed would be nice,phoebeisis it is pretty up here, it does almost make up for the fact it gets down to the negatives in the winter

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The pic of your truck towing the project car on the trailer was the only good one of the lot, as it's the only one with a GM vehicle in it!

8. sgtsjj

hahaha smart a** thats the first time ive ever had that much weight on my truck...it pulled really well, the only thing that sucked was my MPG.....wow did that go down the drain

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Heheheh. I'm glad it pulled well.

10. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

No, you don't want to do this motor in that car. This is a big block and very, very heavy. No good in a car like yours. Too much weight in the front end. I would get a 351 crate motor, maybe a plug n play unit with fuel injection and the electronics on it, if you can afford it. Would look real nice in there.

In any event, it sounds like it could be a fun if not very time and money consuming project. So I hope you can post a thread with some pictures of your progress some time down the road.