1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Im full of stupid questions

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by sdpbob, Jun 8, 2008.

1. sdpbob

sdpbob Rockstar 100 Posts

Would having headers on my truck void the warrenty? And if not which ones to go with for the best bang of my buck.

2. GoFastPadre

GoFastPadre Rockstar 100 Posts

The short answer is yes they will. However warrenties don't last forever, not long enough sometimes. The best Headers for the money are Pacesetter LT's. When you put them on you will also want to upgrade your cat to dual HFC's and a good pair of mufflers, I like Flowmasters. Do True Duals for the largest HP gain.:great:

3. GoFastPadre

Oh and there are no stupid questions except the ones you don't ask!!!!:great:

4. sdpbob

Well my warrenties last for 8 years and 7 years. So yea, I guess Im kinda stuck.

5. GoFastPadre

Well lets look at it like the glass is half full, at least you don't have to worry about maintenance and repair issues.:glasses:

6. sdpbob

Yup but looking at it from a guy who wants to actully do stuff to my truck the glass is half empty. Oh well either I wait the 8 years or do it and just have my dad work on it because hes a mechanic and has his own shop.

7. GoFastPadre

There are still alot of things you can do to it that will not void your warranty. Like Electric fans, an underdrive crank pulley, a CAI that uses a dry filter (no oil) Volant makes a nice one, a high flow cat and even a custom tune if you keep your stock PCM to pop back in before maintenance or repairs. So see the glass is half full again:glasses:

8. Sdpbob,

Adding headers to your vehicle should not void warantee....I've sold alot of headers here at my performance parts shop, that I've never gotten a customer return because of void warantee. If your going to throw headers on, match it up with a high flow cat, and a Borla Cat Back Exhaust System. Thoes will work wonders to your performance gains. If you need any help just let me know...

-Bryan
    Brody's Speed Equipment
    909-931-7869

9. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 Rockstar

i was talking the other day to a GM Factory Rep about what will void the warranty exhaust wise since im looking for my truck too, in order to not void the warranty you can only do cat back exhaust. i guess the only way to get away with doing anything else is to know people at the dealer.

10. sdpbob

Well my dad is good friends with the owner of the dealership that I bought my truck at, and with all the screwups they did to my truck Im sure I could get it fixed. Well all I have left to do to my exhuast is headers and true duals. I keep hearing about this fan thing, whats that and what does it do to boost hp? Im used to cars not trucks. I need kinda like a break down of stuff to do to my truck.