1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Im going to kill my door ajar ALARM

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by backcountrycruiser, Mar 12, 2010.

1. backcountrycruiser

backcountrycruiser New Member

Ive looked around here for my solution, also my haines and chilton manuals. No luck.. Does anyone know the location of the buzzer that goes off when you open the drivers door? I need to rip that sucker out. It is the only thing I dont like about my truck.:grrrrrr::lol:
    Thanks
    Mike
  2. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure but I'm willing to bet it's tied in with about 5 other things. :neutral:
  3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Some info about what your vehicle is would be helpful.......
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

For the mid 80s, to 2000ish trucks, there's a "dinger unit" that's plugged into a junction box under the drivers side dash. It's an inch and a half wide and tall, and half an inch thick. It has speaker-holes on one side. Pull it out and you're done. This will disable all chiming, including the healdights-on chime.
  5. backcountrycruiser

backcountrycruiser New Member

Sorry it is a 99 half ton suburban. I will check for the chime box in the day light. Is it right in the fuse panel under the dash or is it a different junction box?
    Thanks
    Mike
  6. TFRAG

TFRAG New Member

was looking at Suburbans today, heard the door ajar audio and got a good laugh - had read your post the night prior...
  7. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Mine was under the dash drivers side, But its the chime for everything, low oil,gas, high temp.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ditto and that is why mine is still in the truck.