Im having website issues anyone else?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by the phantom, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

For some reason in the last month Ive been having issue posting pictures and also everytime Internet explorer loads GMTC it says downloading but with errors. Sometimes I can see the errors and other times I cannot. I try and post pictures and when I select "from my computer" and hit "select" it does nothing. If I go over to the basic uploader it allows me to put the file in the "browse" box but when I hit upload it does not seem to do anything. Close out of it and my cursor is back where I started. This is the only forum that Im having problems with. I use another IE based browser normally but GMTC does not work with that recently either. It seems I have a setting wrong or something? Strange its the only forum out of 2 others that I am apart of that is Vbulletin based. I pm'd steve days ago but he hasnt responded. Anyone have any ideas.

2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have not had any issues, I know the site is going thru some growing pains and upgrades.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think it's IE. At home I use Firefox and this website works flawlessly. At work we use IE and I get random issues at this site every so often.

4. the phantom

Maybe I will try Firefox. Im not sure why but both IE and my Slimbrowser thats IE based does not work well for this site and Facebook. Facebook hangs up every 10 seconds of scrolling. Sometimes makes me close everything and find something else to do.

5. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry to say I've had the same problem of getting the message re: downloading but with errors. I am unable to upload photos as well. Just to rant for a moment I've sent sent several messages ove the past two weeks asking for assistance on a particular item and have not had a response. Messages were sent through the usual "Contact Us" method. I finally sent Steve a pm and have not had a response. Guess everyone is busy or the weather has everything frozen or ...??!!??

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Ok, I am eating my words, I had no issues, I tried to load a pic of wheel well liners for a poster requesting info this AM, it would not load up, and I have gotten some weird structure page while checking notifications today, cant read crap, so I guess I am in the I got probs club now also.

7. the phantom

Im in the process of modding my new headlights and wanted to put a thread together(which ive started) but cannot post any pictures. no sense in continueing it until I can post picks showing what im talking about.
    [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION] HELP US!!!!!!

8. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I know my tapaptalk app is not letting me login on here. It is saying to go the admin control panel and change some setting? not sure what to do.

9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I stopped using IE for this site because of issues with it. I use firefox or chrome and have not had any issues there. Try a different browser.

10. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

No issues on my work iMac using Chrome. Will check my windows computer when I get home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.