Im here...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by AMC NUTZ, Apr 8, 2010.

1. AMC NUTZ

AMC NUTZ New Member

Cant believe it. Woke up today and walked ouside and looked at my driveway. I have some beast Bowties sitting here. I have always picked up the good ones in the past, as you can see by my screenname on here where my heart is. BUT, as long as I have 3 Chevys in the driveway then it wont be me making the jokes.

I am an independant business owner, hardcore 4wheeler/ recovery expert, DIY type of guy. My name is Casey, Live in Winchester VA . I respect a Chevy, just cant say the trucks were ever my first choice for anything. 1st car was an IROC, 22nd bday present to myself was a riverside gold 427/4spd, 5 window stingray. Other chevys have been far and few between. I had terrible luck with the last few POS that I picked up and for the last 2 years havent allowed a chevy truck the priveledge of seeing my garage.

Well then, now you may be scratching your head asking why I am here? I traded around a few cars this past winter and ended up with a 1990 Suburban silverado. LOADED. 3/4 ton 4x4. She is now lifted on 36's, 406sbc under the hood, rebuilt 700r4, ive been thru almost the entire truck so far, getting ready to hang some exhaust so I can quit running it wide open (longtube) headers. Not a lick of rust on it, she is missing the clearcoat on the roof and some of the hood. Looks like paint is in her future.

Then, i found a 92 k3500. not highly optioned for comfort but has all of the neccessitys.low miles. 5th wheel, 454 with 20k on it, now has a new 4L80. I picked up some alum dually wheels and put 6 new tires on it. true dual 3 in exhaust.that truck is my hoss, only for dragging around other stuff. it does the job well. AND NEVER LEAVES PAVEMENT

Then, the other day I opened up the valley trader classifieds.
    1988 stepside 4x4. 350 5spd. blown motor. $700. So yea its here now too. Ironically I have the stock tbi motor it needs sitting here from a k5 i shredded last week.

i have the Suburban 3/4 way finished. the little truck has the old motor ready to be coughed out. I started walking around them all in the heat yesterday and my mind started racing. I have a feeling musical motors is gonna be on the horizon. 406 to the little stepside. 454 and drivetrain to the burb. Cummins 6bt into the dually. Sounds about right. Sounds like its right up my alley. How do you build a few awesome drool inducing trucks? We are about to find out.

Chime in anytime, or if you live close come on by.

-Casey

2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Man, that's a lot of words to read... :gasp:

Pictures, we need pictures...

Welcome and thanks for sharing.:great:

3. AMC NUTZ

AMC NUTZ New Member

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC Casey. Sounds like u have quite the driveway. Congrats on the $700 bargain! Look forward to your posts!

5. AMC NUTZ

AMC NUTZ New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is the Dually, and the $700 wonder. just ask me the plans... PLEASE!!! i need people who can understand what Im doin here.I apprecitate constructive critisism, and an outside opinion helps think outside the box. OH, and most of all, I DO NOT KNOW a ton about chevys. Enough to get me into and out of most trouble. More than your avg guy but im no chevy breathing gearhead...yet. Master techs and old chevy heads please humor and help me along. It may keep my driveway full of these instead of other things...

6. AMC NUTZ

AMC NUTZ New Member

Can someone give me a link for this site to start 3 seperate "build" threads on each of these trucks. ths way nobody including myself will be confused with what we have goin on here.

7. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I love the suburban and cant wait to see what you do with the stepside. Good luck with your builds.

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.. Love the Dually... The suburban looks great.. And good luck with the little stepside...

9. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: Looks like you've really got your work cut out for you.

10. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Casey-

I suggest you make use of the Blogging section of the website. It won't clutter up the forums, is a perfect 'diary' for your projects, and people can subscribe to it if they want to follow along with you to see how things are progressing.

Good luck,