1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm looking for a loud exhaust!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Tpryor, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Tpryor

Tpryor New Member

I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to the exhaust. All I can really say is that I want it to be loud. I don't have a lot of money to spend on it so I'm really just looking at a new muffler.. Probably end up doing a full exhaust set up at some point, but as for now.. I literally got in the truck the other day started it up, got sidetracked and tried to crank it again because I didn't remember it was on and couldn't hear it! That was the point when I told myself that I couldn't go any longer wih the stock exhaust. Btw it's a single cab 4.8l. I'm looking for some suggestions. Maybe flowmaster 40's or a glasspack?

Thanks
  2. TXFireman87

TXFireman87 New Member

flowmaster 40 is a great sound. if u want to go really loud flowmaster has a single chamber race muffler that is very loud but there is a limit on the decebles ur exhaust can be check with ur local inspection spot
  3. Tpryor

Tpryor New Member

Yeah.. I live in rural Oklahoma. Not to many places or people around here are concerned with inspections. Lol I used to drive an 89' Silverado with a glasspack on it and a cop actually pulled me over to tell me how much he liked my exhaust! Lol
  4. bigbasschevy

bigbasschevy New Member

back in gatesville (small country place) everyone got glasspacks, then went to the carwash and revved their engine for 5 minutes and shot cold water on the glasspack and.... BOOM! glasspack is not glasspack anymore! those trucks were rediculously loud. almost like nascar kind of loud.
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you want loud, I don't think you could go wrong with the flowmaster 40 or their single chamber mentioned above. My dilema in selection is that I just want that old chevy rumble you hear in the V8s from the 60s. Some exhausts have the rumble I want, but quieter than I'd like and others are just too loud for my tastes. I don't live in a rural area though, so I'd definitely get the wrong attention if I went too loud.
  6. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z Rockstar 100 Posts

Cherry bomb glasspacks will make it roar. Thats what I got on my truck and what I had on the one before and I love it.
  7. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Flowmaster just aren't that loud if your going for loud in type of glasspack will do the trick. Flowmaster's are over rated if you ask me
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had cherry bomb glasspacks on my '62. Loved the sound of that.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Not to get off topic, but have you considered a setup like this. :) They did this at the txhouseofhotrods.com

9. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree on the want to here it when it's running, myself, I have the Magnaflow because of that very problem and I wanted it to sound like a Chevy V8 should. Also it is not so loud as to disturb others when driving through a neighborhood at night but if you get into it, it will talk to you. I just think it is a good way to get a great sound, better mileage and not upset old people like me. Also, you never know when you may have to sneak away from somewhere. :lol:
  10. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

"Cherry Bomb. Disturbing the peace since 1968!"