1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm new to a Chevy forum. I've always been a Ford guy.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by woggerone, Aug 12, 2014.

1. woggerone

woggerone New Member

However, I purchased this vehicle, and will probably need some assistance from the Chevy guys and gals. I light sanded and shot some primer on it, just to save what's there). It was turquoise and rust colored. I'm not even sure where to start with it. It's a 1954 3100 series pickup. I paid 250.00 for it, and the "bones" (or frame and body) haven't rusted out. Actually very solid after climbing under it. Driveline is still in it. It a New Mexico vehicle, so has survived 30 years in a field, and I have a clean title. Do I have questions. Lots. But for now, my name is Todd and I'm happy to find a place that can help. Thanks.

Attached Files:

ChevyFan likes this.
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club, Todd! Nice find for a great price! There are a couple of guys around that have classics trucks as well. Be sure to make a garage and share some pics. Are you doing a work log as you progress with this truck?
  3. woggerone

woggerone New Member

I did my garage like you suggested. My pictures aren't great, but people can get the idea. I haven't heard of a work log. It sounds like you document what you have done, when you did it, what it cost, and perhaps a couple pics? Sounds like a good idea.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yup, that's exactly what it is. :)
  5. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Active Member 500 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Awesome truck, Love it.
  6. woggerone

woggerone New Member

Thanks Kenny. It will get better, as I get further into it.
  7. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! Very nice find and a great project. Looking forward to seeing how you progress with it.
  8. OldHobo

OldHobo New Member

Nice find, Todd. Should be a sweet machine when you get it done. Do you know what engine it originally had - I'm thinking it was one of the early OHV 6's.
  9. woggerone

woggerone New Member

Thanks Goldie. Looking at this beast as is, and sitting as long as it has, I've got my work cut out for me. However, that's why people like me pick up these things.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually came with the 235 six. The 216 in it now is a very close cousin. I'm caught between restoring it to original, or saying screw it and put a modern driveline in it. I'm leaning towards the modern driveline. For purists, they would probably say no. However, it doesn't have the original engine right now. I'm not in the mood to hunt down a 235. The tried and true 350 will fit right in. There are plenty of "kits" and people that know how to do it. Keep it a manual trans. It's been done many times to these trucks. Still lots of work, as it doesn't pop right in. I've been wrestling with my decision. Thanks for asking OldHobo.
  10. 1ATony

1ATony Rockstar GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

Man you got a heck of a deal on that thing. Great looking project truck!