1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

im new to this site and need help with some mods

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Coltrain, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Coltrain

Coltrain New Member

i have a 01 5.3 silverado 1500 i have dual magna flows with high performance cat. converters and spectre intake system but i want to go faster i was thinking a chip and shift kit any other suggestions i would like to hear everyones opinion, i joined this site cause i didnt know what sites to shop on for perfomance parts
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I'd go with a Diablo Trinity programmer and then data log the truck and get a custom tune from Diablewtune.com
  3. Coltrain

Coltrain New Member

i see you have a 4x4 so can you tell me if i install 3.73's will it decrease my fourwheeling and towing abilities
  4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  5. silveradotrailblazer

How tall is the tire you are you running? That makes a differance in gear selection.
  6. Coltrain

Coltrain New Member

i have 31's but im bout to put 33's on it
  7. silveradotrailblazer

I'd go with 4.10's if your going to 33's. I have 4.10's in my Silverado with 35's, but I should have gone with 4.56's. I have 4.56's in my Suburban with 35's and like it better. The 4.10's will act like a truck with factory 30" tires and 3.73 gears.
  8. Coltrain

Coltrain New Member

thanks man any more ideas on more mods
  9. silveradotrailblazer

I'd start with the mods mentioned and then see if you want more.
  10. Coltrain

Coltrain New Member

k thanks man