1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I'm new

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Harrison, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Harrison

Harrison New Member

Hi,

I'm buying a 2010 Sierra SLT CC tomorrow morning. Truck is being shipped to my dealership tonight from some other dealership. Trading in my Hemi Orange 09 Challenger RT :erf:. I really love my Challenger, but my wife went and got pregnant, and now it must go. The worst part is going to be stripping it tomorrow morning before I turn it over to the dealership, I had a lot of goodies on there.

Anyway, I think I got a deal. I'm walking out paying 40 for this truck out the door (sunroof, bose stereo, trailering package, SLT package, 6 inch foot railings, spray in bed liner and whatnot). Got the 72 months 0% financing. Sticker was 46,785. I got 26 for the Challenger and owe 21, so I'm just putting the 5 down to help get to the 40 that I'll be financing tomorrow morning.

Did I get a good deal? It seemed good to me earler today, but the more I think about it, the more I want to back out... That baby would look cool in a muscle car, I think.
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club...Maybe its just me, but if sticker was 46,785 and you are putting 5000 down and are still financing 40,000 then that means they only came down 1,785 from sticker. I think you could probably do better than that especially since it is a 2010 and not a 2011.
  3. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Like stated above, it sounds like you should be able to find one for less, unless they are actually "burying" some for the trade in. If you are satisfied with the price, it is a good one!
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

45 for the SLT is a good price. I think you got a good deal. If you're not sure, call around and ask for a price on other similarly appointed SLTs. The Challenger is a sweet car, but the CC is much easier for getting the car seat in and out. I've got a 2 yo and we always take the Sierra when going on road trips. You'll be happy you traded for the truck. :)
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Sounds like your getting a good price,but then again i'm in Canada.If your not sure ,call around to other dealers in your area and see if they can give you a better price.
  7. Harrison

Harrison New Member

It was 46785 before taxes, tag, title, spray in bed liner, and 6 inch GMC steps. I'm not sure how much that came to. I figure a few grand for taxes, 300 for the tag, ? on the title fees, ? on the Rhino Liner or Line X, and I think the step rails were 700. I have no idea...I figure they took five or six off and threw in the 72 months of 0% financing.
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!!
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!
  10. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GM Truck Club.