I'm not one to talk about the weather but... PICS!

Discussion in 'MA - Massachusetts GM Owners' started by Kady, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Kady

Kady New Member

To say we got a "bit" of rain, well, that would be an understatement...

- - - Updated - - -

And then there was this guy...

- - - Updated - - -

New way to water ski..

Attached Files:

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

So..... Did you make some $$$$pulling them out???
  3. Kady

Kady New Member

Nooope... I kept myself safely where I belong...
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Wow, that's crazy.
  5. the phantom

the phantom New Member

looks like some more used salvaged vehicles will be FLOODING the market soon.:sign0020:
  6. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Let me see the carfax.... lol
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member

I dont understand why people continue to drive cars into deep water, it's not like it's a big secret. We see a lot of that here in DFW with some of the storms, I've seen people try to drive under an over pass with a water level marker posted on the side that showed the water depth at 10" and they still drove in even though I was waiving and shouting for them to stop.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I've seen that in Houston. Understanding it is simple: people are dumb.
  9. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

Ive seen that same thing in Virginia several times. It makes me laugh at how dumb some people really are driving when the roads are flooded that bad. Even with my lifted truck i wont risk something that deep. I did make a killing pull some cars out of 12 inches of water before tho.
  10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

ive seen some high water here in VB i wouldnt want to drive thru in my truck, much less in a car. no accounting for the capacity of human stupidity sometimes.

Alex
  11. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

Thats where i made a killing pulling cars out last summer and the summer before. Most of the Virginia drivers are just dumb, not all but most tho
  12. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

I would not say people are dump, well yes, but there has to be a weight to flow formula to see how much flow a vehicle can handle. a 1/2 ton silverado I about 6000 pounds should be able to go through 2-4 inches of standing water that is moving @ 5mph with with out getting swept away.....

An 11,000 pound hummer with a snorkel for the intake and exahust should be able to go through 2ft of water with a low rate of 3ft per second. etc...

a 30 ton tank could go through a 5 ft deep river with water flowing 100ft per second and not get swept away...

what happens is water makes cars float and they loose traction cause they are too light (better fuel econ right? eh what ever)

200 Ton, 1000 ft ocean freighters can force their boat to what ever direction they want in the strong currents of the ocean where they have no traction at all and not get swept away......
  13. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Sorry, nak, but when you can barely see the top of a tractor trailer's trailer up ahead under a bridge (due to the rest of it being covered in water) ... and cars are driving into the shallow end of that water, anyway ... it's a clear sign that people are dumb!