1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Immediate feedback wanted please: Question about tire size

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by MXZ1983, Nov 20, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 New Member 100 Posts

I neeed to know if I will clear a set of 33X12.50's on my 93 silverado with a 3" body lift asap. The tires are on 15X8 Mickey Thompson Classic II's. Will I have problems rubbing? will they clear? Let me know asap guys, found an awesome deal, just need to know if they will fit before driving to get them.....
    Thanks ahead of time.
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

33x11.50 (285x75x16) reportedly fit most of the time without any lift. I don't know if the body or suspension is what gets in the way: it might depend on the wheel backspacing. I would be optimistic that they would fit.

15 inch rims should also fit ok, as long as your brakes are 11 inches or smaller. I can fit 15 inch wheels on my '98 with 11 inch brakes. Is your '93 a half-ton or heavier duty?

In the end, I can't say for sure, but I'm optimistic that you can fit both the 15 inch rims and the 33 inch tires.
  3. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 New Member 100 Posts

Mine is a half ton, so im hoping i wont have a problem
    thanks for the help.
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

they will fit fine with those new rims and body lift, they will actually fit perfect on there. the classic II rims are a nice looking rim too I was going to buy them for my truck till I sold it. post some pics of it!!
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Those wheels and tires will fit for sure. :great: