Impala - big brakes ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by 2loud, Nov 27, 2006.

1. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi it´s me again :roll: and still braking ne,,, ( ehhh ) brake question .. i got an 96 impala ss and have orderd a new engine from golen engines , a 396 with 520 hp in it so i need to upgrade my brakes ,, i got an wilwood kit new in a box for a F-body , is there any way u can fit that on to the B- body ?
    those brakes for the impalas are quite expensive and iv already got this wilwood kit here in sweden so if it will work i would be glad .. anybody done this ?

best >Regards Åke sweden

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, you're building a door slammer if you plan on putting a 520 hp powerplan in your 96! Do you plan on taking it to the track, or just rip up the Sweden countryside?

I don't know the asnwer to this question off the top of my head, anyone?

3. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

hehe :p :p noo no racing planed iv got an escalade esv 2003 with a whipple supercharger , a 89 pontiac GTA with a 454 smallblock engine and an 95 burb with about 400-450 hp so i felt ashame that the coolest car had the smallest engine so this was the only sollution :roll: :roll: , geeee i found a 87 GTA on the net on a sales forum and it was in stockholm also ,, i had GREAT problem not to buy it ,, everything was done and al things where right ( exept he used a paxton instaed of a whipple ) that car was on sale for the amazing amount of 10 000 $ and that is about what u pay for a stock gta here in sweden these days :evil:

4. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

hehe :p :p noo no racing planed iv got an escalade esv 2003 with a whipple supercharger , a 89 pontiac GTA with a 454 smallblock engine and an 95 burb with about 400-450 hp so i felt ashame that the coolest car had the smallest engine so this was the only sollution :roll: :roll: , geeee i found a 87 GTA on the net on a sales forum and it was in stockholm also ,, i had GREAT problem not to buy it ,, everything was done and al things where right ( exept he used a paxton instaed of a whipple ) that car was on sale for the amazing amount of 10 000 $ and that is about what u pay for a stock gta here in sweden these days :evil:

5. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

sorry double post

6. ChevyFan

Wow, what's the auto scene like there in Sweden?

7. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

hmmm cant really understund what u asking fore please be alittle moore exact .. dont forget im an alien :shock: :shock:

8. ChevyFan

Do a lot of people in Sweden build high-performance cars? I'm starting to think that just about anywhere you go there is a person who wants to built it bigger, faster, stronger, better.

I'd love to see some photos of your '96 Impala Project car.