Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Impala - big brakes ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Impala Forum' started by 2loud, Nov 27, 2006.

1. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi it´s me again :roll: and still braking ne,,, ( ehhh ) brake question .. i got an 96 impala ss and have orderd a new engine from golen engines , a 396 with 520 hp in it so i need to upgrade my brakes ,, i got an wilwood kit new in a box for a F-body , is there any way u can fit that on to the B- body ?
    those brakes for the impalas are quite expensive and iv already got this wilwood kit here in sweden so if it will work i would be glad .. anybody done this ?

best >Regards Åke sweden

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, you're building a door slammer if you plan on putting a 520 hp powerplan in your 96! Do you plan on taking it to the track, or just rip up the Sweden countryside?

I don't know the asnwer to this question off the top of my head, anyone?

3. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

hehe :p :p noo no racing planed iv got an escalade esv 2003 with a whipple supercharger , a 89 pontiac GTA with a 454 smallblock engine and an 95 burb with about 400-450 hp so i felt ashame that the coolest car had the smallest engine so this was the only sollution :roll: :roll: , geeee i found a 87 GTA on the net on a sales forum and it was in stockholm also ,, i had GREAT problem not to buy it ,, everything was done and al things where right ( exept he used a paxton instaed of a whipple ) that car was on sale for the amazing amount of 10 000 $ and that is about what u pay for a stock gta here in sweden these days :evil:

4. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

hehe :p :p noo no racing planed iv got an escalade esv 2003 with a whipple supercharger , a 89 pontiac GTA with a 454 smallblock engine and an 95 burb with about 400-450 hp so i felt ashame that the coolest car had the smallest engine so this was the only sollution :roll: :roll: , geeee i found a 87 GTA on the net on a sales forum and it was in stockholm also ,, i had GREAT problem not to buy it ,, everything was done and al things where right ( exept he used a paxton instaed of a whipple ) that car was on sale for the amazing amount of 10 000 $ and that is about what u pay for a stock gta here in sweden these days :evil:

5. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

sorry double post

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, what's the auto scene like there in Sweden?

7. 2loud

2loud Rockstar 100 Posts

hmmm cant really understund what u asking fore please be alittle moore exact .. dont forget im an alien :shock: :shock:

8. ChevyFan

Do a lot of people in Sweden build high-performance cars? I'm starting to think that just about anywhere you go there is a person who wants to built it bigger, faster, stronger, better.

I'd love to see some photos of your '96 Impala Project car.