1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Improve fuel effiency

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by AtlantaDJ, Feb 8, 2012.

1. blackburb

blackburb Member

Keep in mind that is a 10%+ increase. That's not bad at all.
  2. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Great Cummins MPG Guide- I had not seen this before. Lots of good info applicable to any vehicle.
  3. DamnThatMexican

DamnThatMexican New Member

Not to sound critical but you have to realize that you're working against two factors: lots of horsepower and heavier vehicles. You're going to get less gas mileage than a smaller vehicle would get no matter how you go about it. So, IMO, I would just go with more horsepower and get the most out of it. Make it a beast and get a Towncar for regular driving.
  4. dbb06

dbb06 New Member

I had my 06 Silverado tuned by [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] and have loved the extra power and even with playing with it more I have noticed a 1-2 mpg improvement. I'm sure if I stopped getting on it so much it would go up another 1-2. Well worth the $480 in my opinion since going from getting 16-17 mpg around town to 19 is nice. I haven't had any long highway drives to see the improvement there yet.
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

dont buy cheap gas. only mobile, shell, and stuff. never arco or valaro
    upgrade your ignition coil as high as you can
    get NGK spark plugs
    use B12 chemtool in the tank, vaccum lines, and trottle body ever 25,000 miles