In an HHR right now

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Crawdaddy, May 9, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I normally lock the windows before I do that, I was always taught to share.
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've noted a couple more things I don't care for in this HHR. First, the center console and cupholders in specific. I almost always have a drink with me while I drive. (non-alchoholic of course). So, cupholder placement is cruicial to me having a good drive. The cupholders in the HHR are not optimally placed. The front one is right on top of the dash, so much so that a medium-sized drink from a fast food joint doesn't fit. Then, there are 2 more directly between the front seats. Those are not easily accessible by feel only and the cup hits the armrest when picking the drink up.

The console in generally is low, and does not have a storage compartment in it. I like to have a storage compartment available in the console. There is one, however, up in the dash above the radio between the 2 airbags. Close, but no cigar in my book.

My other gripe is related to the sun visors. They work well for the windshield, but are far too short to block sunlight when flipped to the side window. If they included some extensions in the visor to run the rest of the window length, they'd be fine.
  3. tbplus10

Yea I knew the cup holders between the seats arent the best, we dont have one up near the dash on our HHR.

The storage compartment on top of the dash is a great place to put an IPOD out of site, I think on some models they even put the IPOD connection in there, our IPOD connection is on the front of the radio but my wife keeps her IPOD in the dash top storage and just runs the cable up there.

Never paid any attention to the visors, I'll have to look at hers and see how they work.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This morning I refueled the HHR for the first time: 28.5mpg. Definitely not the 30+ I was hoping for. I'm used to around 33 in my car. Granted, this is a bigger vehicle with a bigger motor, but for me, that 5mpg adds up to a full trip to work every month at nearly $4 per gallon.

Tim, perhaps what I percieve is a cupholder near the dash, isn't a cupholder... It fits a can of Dr. Pepper well.... :lol: For the dash-mounted storage compartment, it doesn't work well for me because I have my radar detector and satellite radio hanging from the windshield right above it. I also like the storage compartment to be one that I don't have to move anything but my arm slightly to open, get what I need, and close while driving.
  5. tbplus10

Well them now it's a cup holder.
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We test drove an HHR in 2008. At the time it felt just like the cavalier that we were replacing. From what I understood it had the same motor and trans as the cavalier. My wife and I are small people. I am under 150lbs and she is under 125lbs. the car did not seem wide enough. The space between our shoulders, while sitting in the uncomfortable seats, was minimal. I felt like we were in a tunnel. Then after speaking with the dealer we were told that ABS was not standard for that year and the package that included abs was a significant price increase. So, we ended up with a Torrent.
  7. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey Craw , have you tested it doing brodies yet? How does it handle in the dirt and mud. Hey it is a rental. Get the full opportunity to review the HHR in severe driving conditions.:gasp:
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Brodies in a HHR? LOL!
  9. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Gotta test the limits of all vehicles. I know it sounds way off, but heck go for it.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So when you mother put you in a stoller you did brodies in it, too? (You -DID- say 'all vehicles'.)