1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

In-Dash

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by nickpatton_189, Aug 12, 2009.

1. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 Rockstar 100 Posts

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Your truck has a double din head unit stock, so these will fit without any cutting, well, that's what my friend said with his 2005 duramax crew cab.
  3. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

4. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 Rockstar 100 Posts

5. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave Rockstar

You are wrong about no cutting, you dont have to cut the dash bezel or anything but after you remove the 3 bolts for the factory radio you will see some hard plastic across the back and it comes up in the middle on the bracket that runs up to the top underside of the dash and that plastic has to be cut out in order for an in dash to fit properly.
  6. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Yes, I'm very happy with it. Controls are easy to use and I love the way it looks in the dash. Really nice features too. You can use your own pictures for the backround and choose the color of illumination on the buttons. The usb port on the front will play music straight off of a usb flash drive or you could plug in a usb cable to your ipod or iphone and it will charge it as well. Very pleased with it and its not too bad of a price.