1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

incab micro filter

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bcchevy, Aug 30, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. bcchevy

bcchevy New Member

I bought a used 04 silverado and when I turn the AC on it smells like dust. I was wondering how I can change the incab filter?

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Best bet is to check out the Wix filter website. wixfilters.com
    You should find it on the passenger side under the dash.

3. bcchevy

bcchevy New Member

Thanks, they have the filter now I need to figure out how to get it out.

4. vegaschevy

vegaschevy New Member

try this out

I have a 2002 crew cab 1500 hd with all the stuff. Dusty in the dessert, change mine often. If is the same as mine, there is a thin rectangular cover, that has a angle or fold that wraps over one edge over the duct work under the glove box. Three bolts ( actually screws with bolt head s) I think 6 or 8 mm....remove these and take the cover off, use a needle nose pliars to grip and slide the first one out, then reach in and grab the other one, slide it over to the opening and do the same. Can also use hemostats...while it is open take a little compressed air and clean out...get them in with the air flow going the right direction as you would on home furnace filters. You should get a lot better flow through your vents now.