1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

increasingly annoying

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by theburban, Oct 18, 2009.

1. theburban

theburban New Member

I have a 1981 chevy scottsdale suburban. It is the heavy half (6 lug wheels). It has a 4 inch Rancho suspension lift that has been installed for the past three years. About a year ago the steering started to get loose. The steering wheel can turn about 15-20 degrees without having any effect on the wheels. I replaced the steering stabliser with no change. I replaced the steering box with no change. I got a lift kit rasied steering arm, no change. Tonight i just finnished replacing all of the bushings on the front end, you guessed it, no change. There are no loose bolts, and iv even had a ball joint replaced. I am at a loss as to why this would happen with all these new parts. Has anybody else had this issue before? What is wrong with this stupid truck?