1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Info center, instant fuel readout

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by sundancer2004, Mar 3, 2011.

1. sundancer2004

sundancer2004 New Member

My 08 silverado, 5.3, had the DIC it had average fuel economy and instant fuel mileage, My new one 2010 6.2 only has the Average Fuel economy. Does anyone know if the latter is available and the difficulty to have it installed?
  2. xPosTech

xPosTech New Member

If you have the four vertical switches the left of the cluster to select/clear Driver Info you should have instant economy; it's the last selection of the top switch. If you don't have the four switches it's very easy to add them. Just Google for 'DIC Upgrade GMT900'; the search functions here are kinda limited.

Ted

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Take a look at this thread.

Ted
    1 person likes this.
  3. sundancer2004

sundancer2004 New Member

oh I have the four switches, I just do not have the instant fuel economy. Does anyone know if I can get it.
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have no idea, buddy. I've never heard of someone having the DIC and not having Instant Fuel Economy.
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I have the same issue w/ my 07 silverado classic. My DIC controls are only on my steering wheel.
  6. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

It's th same way on my 06 3500, only avg fuel economy no instant. On my 06 Sierra 2500 Classic I had instant, it might just depend on the model you have(LT, LS) and options.
  7. sotto66

sotto66 New Member

Same thing here on my 2009 Buick Enclave. Fully loaded, .... where is instant fuel economy???????? That's sux.
  8. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Chevy disables the "Instant Fuel Economy" on cars that have the "Active Fuel Management" system. I don't know why it would matter.. but I've had a few rental cars that have it (and don't have the "Active Fuel Management") and some that don't (and they have the "Active Fuel Management")
  9. sotto66

sotto66 New Member

Two weeks ago I bought 2011 Sierra 5.3 with Active fuel management and I have instant fuel economy also. It shows V4 or V8 and instant economy.
  10. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah. I have Active Fuel Management and still DOhave Instant Fuel Economy. So I dont know if that's it. Have you tried calling the dealership to see if they know anything about it?