Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

info on good cold air intake

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by CJlambertz71, Oct 25, 2007.

1. CJlambertz71

CJlambertz71 Member

im lookin for a good cold air intake or if i should even get one on my 1991 k1500 with a new 5.7

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd say go for it, if your going to do the exhaust/headers/tuner etc. Alone power gains are huge but start combing things over time, they'll all work together to get you some nice HP gains (and save you some gas too). Sorry don't know any for your year truck but i'm sure K&N makes a FIPK for yeah, check out there website.

3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I’m not a real fan of K&M filters, if you off road they are made for that but the problem is they are not cold air intakes. Unless you get one that fits in your original filter container.

An open element filter under the hood gets no cold air unless it is in a sealed container with an inlet to the outside air like the truck had originally.

4. CJlambertz71

CJlambertz71 Member

thanks yall ill have to look into that a little more than