Information Please

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by awparran, Nov 15, 2009.

1. awparran

awparran New Member

Hi Everyone:

I just recently purchased my first pickup. A 1993 Chevy Silverado. I purchased it for personal reasons, but intend to use it to haul my 1984 Jaguar around to car shows.

As a newcomer to pickups, well not actually. I lived in Dallas for 6-years and the mode of primary transportation down there is a pickup. The Cadillac and Mercedes went to the wife and kids.

Anyway, I picked up a few trade magazines the other day and well, the WOW factor set in. I am presently on a budget as I am presently unemployed after the Alberta government cancelled a sponsored program. So my question is, I want to replace the leather seats with ones from a Cadillac, which I can get for $75 CDN. It needs a new front bumper, but I can't tell if there is other parts to go with it.

As stated, the WOW factor has set in so I'm wondering what can I do on a budget to lower the vehicle, dress up the interior, etc.

Any direction in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club!

Budget + Truck parts = ugh ogh?

Well I would say junk yards and Ebay, because buying retail can get pretty pricey.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you are on a budget you have to combine patience with creativity. I got a set of leather seats out of a 96 burb a guy was parting out. He advertised them for $100 and settled for $50. Watch the classifieds or craigslist if it's popular in Canada. Check the junkyards because new trucks end up in the bone yards everyday. I prefer the pick your own part places, but a dismantler might put you on a contact list for new arrivals.

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to your pics and posts.