1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Information Please

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by awparran, Nov 15, 2009.

1. awparran

awparran New Member

Hi Everyone:

I just recently purchased my first pickup. A 1993 Chevy Silverado. I purchased it for personal reasons, but intend to use it to haul my 1984 Jaguar around to car shows.

As a newcomer to pickups, well not actually. I lived in Dallas for 6-years and the mode of primary transportation down there is a pickup. The Cadillac and Mercedes went to the wife and kids.

Anyway, I picked up a few trade magazines the other day and well, the WOW factor set in. I am presently on a budget as I am presently unemployed after the Alberta government cancelled a sponsored program. So my question is, I want to replace the leather seats with ones from a Cadillac, which I can get for $75 CDN. It needs a new front bumper, but I can't tell if there is other parts to go with it.

As stated, the WOW factor has set in so I'm wondering what can I do on a budget to lower the vehicle, dress up the interior, etc.

Any direction in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Tony
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!

Budget + Truck parts = ugh ogh?

Well I would say junk yards and Ebay, because buying retail can get pretty pricey.
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you are on a budget you have to combine patience with creativity. I got a set of leather seats out of a 96 burb a guy was parting out. He advertised them for $100 and settled for $50. Watch the classifieds or craigslist if it's popular in Canada. Check the junkyards because new trucks end up in the bone yards everyday. I prefer the pick your own part places, but a dismantler might put you on a contact list for new arrivals.

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to your pics and posts.