Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Initials and acronyms

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by McClintoc, Oct 14, 2012.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm still fairly new to the forums and truck talk in general so I have a quick question: what to all these initials and acronyms mean? I figured out a few like, like CCSB (crew cab, short box) or ECSB (extended cab, short box), etc. But, in particular, what does NNBS, OBA and OBS mean? :neutral: Any other common ones that would be helpful to know? Thanks!

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think NNBS is new new body style which are chevy trucks after 2007 NBS is new body style from 1999 to 2007 and OBS is old body style from 90's to 1998/1999

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

OBA typically is On Board Air, meaning you have added compressed air tanks to run air tools, or train horns, etc that require compressed air. I don't even know what they call my truck because mine is a 2000 so it is a "NBS" ? :) considering 1999-2000 is when the major body style changed.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor