1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Injectors/Headers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyHD, Jan 22, 2011.

1. ChevyHD

ChevyHD New Member 100 Posts

I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with power/mpg gains with bigger fuel injectors or headers.
  2. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member 100 Posts

Go with long tube headers, they will provide the most HP gain, with your set-up you could probably see around 10-15HP. I'm not sure but I know with some vehicles you don't need bigger injectors until you reach a certain HP level, like 500+. Bigger injectors make more fuel flow, right? So my thinking is that you might actually lose mpg because you are using more fuel. I believe performance mods can hurt mpgs because with the added power and/or sound, most of us like to press the pedal a little more to feel/hear the difference.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  3. ChevyHD

ChevyHD New Member 100 Posts

Alright thanks. And let me know how you tune from diablew works because I was looking into it and planned on having him make me one.
  4. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member 100 Posts

I have to get my long-tubes on first so I can do a good log but will let ya know after that.