Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Injen Power-Flow Cold Air Intake System is this better than the K&N Intake?...

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, May 23, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was looking at reviews online and seemed to me that this cold air intake got all good reviews but the price i can get one is for $334 which is like $100 more than the K&N cold air intake. Has anyone used this intake or have it installed on there silverado's and is this better than K&N AEM and other such cold air intakes?
  2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

K&N is a great all around filter, only complaint from me is the shroud. It was kind of tiny. My Air Aid has a lot more protection from the engine bay. Tube design is what really counts for the intakes. K&N has a better design for their tubes then air aid. But was too large to fit with my throttlebody spacer.
  3. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i remeber seeing a post from K9deployed about the injen intake, he bought one and was very disapointed with it and sent it back for a volant, you can search his thread and see what he said about it.
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

IMO......All of the CAI's are the Market Today will give you the same results, there is No One Better CAI and $334.00 for a CAI.......is a waste of your Money, look for and buy a lowest-ed price-ed Cold Air Intake.
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Lol alright i was already thinking about gettin the K&N cold air intake just wanted to know about this one before i made plan's on which one i wanted. I'm not gonna install one or buy one until this summer most likely i'm gonna install my N-Fab black cab length nerf steps this week and wanting to buy some buschwacker pocket style flares and get them painted along weith tow mirror's i'm buying next and to compliment them some recon smoked cab lights will look just like a 2500hd lol just engine is a big difference haha.
  6. mark_hou

mark_hou New Member

Mainly k&n injen are good brands that stand by there parts and do its job very well.
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i have actually been looking at the volant cold air intake because it's in a closed box and k&n isn't and it looks way better. I love k&n but the volant looks good at a good price and i have a K&n air filter now just a drop in though!