1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Input on rust damage what thread?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by pikefisher, Jul 23, 2013.

1. pikefisher

pikefisher New Member

For best advice on repair, what thread. Behind driver side door. 003.jpg truck rust.jpg
  2. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

it's as easy as cutting the cab corner off, and welding a new one on. not sure on the thread though.
  3. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

That looks like a crap load of rust on your truck. You must live up north where they salt the roads a LOT.

What year is it?

Best thing to do is to cut all the rusty metal away and weld in new metal.
  4. pikefisher

pikefisher New Member

Yes: Stchman south west Michigan, they fight snow and ice with salt and who knows what else. Question for 95c cutting off corner tab, do you buy this piece? I have no wielder maybe get quote from body shop? Sounds better than bondow putty.
  5. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

Yep. try www.lmctruck.com. Just fill in the info and search cab corners or something similar.
  6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

I had mine done last summer. Both cab corners replaced and had rocker patch panels welded in to replace the stock ones. Now I its the entire driver's side bed panel. Try www.rockauto.com found them to be a little cheaper than lmc truck
  7. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member

rust repairs....

Kyle, I, too, have both rocker panels perforated, and also have the cab corners. How much did it cost you to replace and repaint the rocker panels, if you don't mind telling me the ballpark figure? My truck was in MA for 12 years before coming out West. Jim
  8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

I think it cost me around $800 bucks. The guy made no big deal of it, as we all know it is common in our chevy trucks that spend too much time up north