Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Insane 4x4 Chevy Rock Crawler - GMT400 Platform (Photos & Video)

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ChevyFan, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ok, you have to see this to believe it. When we do our next meet-and-greet there is a very good chance that I can bring this along with me. :)

It started out as a GMT400 platform (not sure on the year) and it's a total 100% custom job to say the least. The owner isn't shy either about actually using it and we've got some video showing it doing just fine in mud, going over all types of terrain and it's not an issue to handle rocks with those Super Swampers on there.

Take a look and let me know what you think. Here's a link to the build page Grasshopper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMDVgqU6wfY&feature=player_embedded

pcheader.jpg 1big.jpg 3big.jpg gmt400-rock-crawler.jpg chevy-rock-crawler.jpg chevy-monster-truck.jpg 119big.jpg 118big.jpg 117big.jpg 116big.jpg 115big.jpg 114big.jpg 113big.jpg 111big.jpg 108big.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That thing is awesome. Post some video footage when it goes into action!!!,
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

looks awesome ........can't wait to watch the video footage ........Brian
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

one of the guys has video footage on his own Facebook page. I'll have to see if I can get permission to post it up here. I'll keep you updated and if/when I get it, I'll update the OP on this thread.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think I saw that out at Barnwell Mountain one weekend a while back.
    If it is the same one the driver wasnt afraid to take it over anything, he crawled it through the rock pit then turned around and climbed up Airline trail which is rated at 5, the worst kind of trail you can get.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That thing looks like it would be fun to have for a weekend!
  7. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Great job!
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Absolutely insane...
  9. Justice17

Justice17 New Member

Dude that's the baddest looking thing I have ever seen!!! You running the 4.3 in there?
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Thats AWESOME!! Well done!!