Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Install remote cd player in 96 silverado

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ric712, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ric712

ric712 New Member

Hey everybody,

My first post here. I am trying to help out one of my friends by installing a slave/remote cd player to his factory radio/cassette player. I just wanted to get confirmation on the parts i need to do this before I buy them.

From what I understand, I need:

• a stock radio/cassette player with an AUX button (already in truck)
    • a remote/slave cd player
    • and this wire: AUX cable

I already understand how to take the dash out. Just wanted to double check that this is all i need. Thanks in advance
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What kind of Slave CD player are you going to use? One with a radio built in? Or just a portable one?
  3. ric712

ric712 New Member

This isn't the exact truck I am trying to install it on. But this is what I'm trying to achieve. The truck currently has the OEM radio and cassette and no CD player. I just want to add the remote CD player to it. There is an AUX button on the cassette player and the slot for the remote CD player to be installed. Just want to know if this cable (AUX cable) is all I need to connect the two properly. Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It should hook up to the Factory CD Player only..You can't use any other with the factory head. GM Does sell the CD Slave unit..