1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Install Roof Mount DVD using dome light wiring?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Augy123, May 24, 2010.

1. Augy123

Augy123 New Member

I just picked up an '05 Silverado Crew Cab. I have a roof mount DVD player that would work great for the rear passengers. I popped out the dome light and see the wiring to it is: red (or orange), black, and gray.

For the DVD player, I need to wire in +12V, ACC, Ground, and possibly Door (the roof mount DVD player has dome lights built in).

I figure I can get the +12V, Ground, and Door from the existing dome light wiring. I think I'll then have to fish a wire through the headliner to get to ACC. Does this sound right?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Augy123

Augy123 New Member

FWIW, I put this in yesterday. I used the dome light wiring for the +12V and ran a second wire to the fuse box for ACC. I didn't bother with the "door" wire. Works great.
  3. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts

Sweet, that sounds slick. Im just curious if the player is actually getting enough power. Let me know how it goes in the long run will you?
  4. Augy123

Augy123 New Member

Thanks, I thought it turned out pretty good. So far I haven't noticed any issues with power. The only real pain was fishing the ACC wire over the headliner to the fuse box.

Here it installed....
    [​IMG]
  5. toan79

toan79 New Member

could you help me to install honda 09 roof dvd