1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Install Sub Woofers in Chevy Colorado Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by Adro7, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Adro7

Adro7 New Member

I want to install either two 12" or three 10" subs in my truck but I have no idea how to do this. I have the '06 Crew Cab but I still cannot fathom how they would fit without a custom job. I want to keep my back seats vacant for passengers and not spend a lot of money on a custom subwoofer installation. Has anyone got any ideas?

-Adro
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

3. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member

Should be able to find a good set of speakers out there just about anywhere, just don't be afraid to get some good quality ones.
  4. VIrtualboy2k2

VIrtualboy2k2 New Member

I'm trying to get 2 8" bazooka bass tubes under my seats, i'm gona try rasing the back seat 2 inches to get the clearance i need if it works i'll post some pics on here and tell you guys how it worked.
  5. NokRado

NokRado New Member

I agree with virtualboy2k2
    thats what im doing to the homies truck since im doing his interior with Katzkin leather so he wanted 2 - 12inch sub so the way to go is lift the bottom back seat 2 inches and build the box somewhat under the seats....
  6. VIrtualboy2k2

VIrtualboy2k2 New Member

How are you rasing the back seats, i have some ideas in mind, just wanted to see how you were doing it.

Thanks
  7. erunner

erunner New Member

The best thing I have seen that would fit your need is the JL audio 10W1v2. It has a mounting depth of 4.34" and the 12W1v2 sits at 5". It is 150W@4ohms. A friend of mine that works for a local audio shop says they do pretty well. I think those are the most economical choice coming in at around $100 per. I don't remember off hand what the available space is but I believe that it is around 5" with out raising the seat. However, I'm not sure. Good luck.
  8. Bystrack2006

Bystrack2006 New Member

i have one jl audip 12' wo sub and a jl audio 500/1 amp in my reg cab truck, ran by an in dash dvd player. sounds great. For pics go to www.myspace.com/bybystrack!
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Nice. I don't see a pic of that though.
  10. tjmutlow

tjmutlow New Member

what do you need, just box, or box subs and amp? and let me know how much yopu want to pay for your setup.