1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installation of a new 34 gallon fuel tank insulators ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by JTWard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I'm having a new fuel tank and fuel pump assembly installed in my 1990 Silverado. Has anyone done this operation and what do I use as the 'Anti-Squeak' strips? I see the LMC sells a Anti-Squeak kit. Do I need it, (I bought it anyway $14.99) or did you something different? I don't want to finish this job and have the tank shifting around for my own mistake of not putting something on the tank straps to hold the tank for moving around ? Thank you for your help ! :oops:
  2. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I can't be the only person to R&R the fuel tank. Haven't anyone here had to deal with a replacement tank, and if you did, what did you do about the "Anti-Squeak" type of insulation ? 1990 Chevy Pickup 1.20.2013 PICTURES 002.jpg
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did it in my 1995. I did not use anything. The tank had a plastic cover. It never squeaked. I did try to get some thin foam rubber in there but the straps were too short for the foam to fit