Installed a Pioneer AVH-2300DVD

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Mean_Green_95, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Like the title says, I just installed a dvd player in my truck. I got it from Best Buy. It's usually $350 but I got it on sale for $300. It is bluetooth and navi ready, so if I wanted to add those I'd just have to get the attachments. I installed it without having to get a new dash bezel. I used an install kit from a local audio shop, and two small wood blocks to give the install kit something to screw to. I had to shave the top of the bezel opening to clear the cd slot, but no problem.
    IMAG0084.jpg

I'm extremely happy with quality of the product. I love the sound and video quality, as well as the overall look of the unit.

Let me know what you think.

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Very nice. I'm a Pioneer fan.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Love the pic...it looks OEM. Congrats on the upgraded audio and hope you enjoy the new/better sounds!!

4. Mean_Green_95

Thanks guys. I need to smooth out the trim a little bit more then it'll look perfect. I decided that since I drive almost two hours to get to and from school that I should just upgrade since I've been wanting to for a long time.

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I agree with you, as I waited awhile before I upgraded my system. It's been such a long time since I had good sounding audio in a vehicle, I had actually forgot how much I appreciate great sounding music while driving. Now, I think of my audio as one of my best truck investments.

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey are you watching a movie in your truck??? While in Drive? :neutral: If you need wireing info go to avic411.com

7. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What?! Nobody does that do they? :glasses:

8. Mean_Green_95

Of course not. My truck was in park, under my car port, with the e-brake on, lol. I got wiring down no problem, I re-wired my whole system with bigger gauge wire a while back.