1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installed Advent OGM1 in 2013 Silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Feb 21, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I just installed the Advent OGM1 Navigation unit in my 2013 Silverado. I is definitely a HUGE upgrade from the stock non-Nav head unit than GM uses.

I cannot believe how MUCH better the audio quality is than over the stock head unit.

Installation went pretty well, the most difficult thing was getting the media link installed in the console. The plastic trim around the radio is a real PITA to take off as well.

Once I got the unit configured it is not too difficult to use. I still have quite a bit to learn on the navigation portion.

All in all a real nice unit that seems to just work well with the rest of the truck.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Got some pics and Specs on the radio?
  3. stchman

4. Looks good .. Didnt know 2013 inside looked like that
  5. trentkoger

trentkoger New Member

Man thats BA i need to see if they make one for my '04 silverado.
  6. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Very nice !!!

Now I want one for my 2011. :money:
  7. stchman

All it takes is $1025 and you can have one. It fits the LT interiors as well. From the videos, it's a little easier to install in the LT dash.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just for the 2007-2013 NNBS Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Suburban, Yukon/Yukon XL, Traverse/Acadia. It fits other vehicles as well.

Since the NBS Silverados don't have factory bluetooth, OnStar, and other features, just get a Kenwood or Pioneer nav unit.

- - - Updated - - -

The LTZ interior for the Silverado is pretty much the same since 2007. I added the wood grain cup holder from a Tahoe as I like the way it looks.
  8. bazar01

bazar01 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Yeah, I saw a Youtube install in a 2012 LT and it was a very simple installation.
    Does it come with back up camera in the kit? Would be nice to have, easy backing up to hook up a trailer by myself.
  9. stchman

No, my 2013 had the factory backup camera already (LCD in the rearview mirror).

There are quite a few backup camera kits in the aftermarket. I've seen some of them do the exact same thing as GM and put it in the tailgate handle for that factory look.
  10. mvinyard

mvinyard New Member

I have my ogm 1 on order. My truck has the center console and I was wondering if you could post a pic of the media link you installed in the console?