1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installed Advent OGM1 in 2013 Silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Feb 21, 2013.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks great!
  2. pitom

pitom New Member

Backup Cam in Advent display

Nice! Did you manage to get the Factory cam to appear on the Advent display? I've seen this done by tapping into two wires under the dash on a 2011, but had trouble on the 2013.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice Job! That looks awesome! I have been looking at a similar model for my 05 yukon. The price tag hurts a little too much right now.
  4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I have the RCA cable run over to the wiring for the backup camera, but never hooked it up. Walt's instructions tell you to tap into the two wires like you talked about. I will have to give it a try.

Also, did you remember to turn on the backup camera in the Advent menu? It is turned off by default.
  5. dubbes

dubbes New Member

I've got a 2013 Silverado Z71 All Star edition that has the factory back up camera and bluetooth installed on it already. I saw on your later posts that the OGM1 nav screen integrates with the factory back up camera but does it integrate with the factory bluetooth system as well? I noticed that on specs for the nav screen it calls out a bluetooth interface with an external microphone. If it doesn't I don't think that would be a deal breaker since the screen looks awesome to begin with, it would just be nice to use the factory stuff.