1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installed Bilsteins and now the truck is leveler-er

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I got my shocks for the front on Friday finally and installed them yesterday. The truck rides so much smoother now and it lifted the truck back up another 1" in the front (more than likely because my old shocks were the stock ones and SHOT!). Enough rambling, here's some slutty pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a poor attempt at "flexing" since my snow tires are about wore out and the snow is slick right now, lol:

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I should be getting the racks for the topper, and I am hoping next week they will ship out my old man cab visor, lol. Just got a hospital bill in the mail for a little over $600 so I will have to put the rest of my mods on hold for a month or so to get that paid off. Anyway, let me know what you think!
  2. groceryman

groceryman New Member

Looks good im getting ready to order some bilsteins 5100 for my 2500hd this week.
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Looks good, but I bet the ride is much better now.
  4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

The ride is like when it was new (or new to me anyway). It's fantastic!
  5. 747

747 New Member

Your truck is looking great. I sure like the tow mirrors, I want some!
  6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I got my Yakima bars for the topper yesterday. Might install them after work today.
  7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts

Looks great. A high end shock will renew the feel of a truck. Combine that with new tires and a front end alignment and it is like driving a new truck!!!
  8. groceryman

groceryman New Member

Just picked up the hd this afternoon its like driving a brand new truck with the new bilstein 5100 s on it .
  9. Jeeewwwski

Jeeewwwski New Member

Hey guys trucks look good. I was looking to get some bilstein shocks. I see and have heard that they have some ride height adjustable shocks. I have a 2005 Z71 and am having trouble finding some that say they are ride height adjustable for my year truck. Do they in fact make those and if so for my truck? where can i find them?
  10. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

It's amazing what a new set of shocks can do for a truck. I have Bilsteins on my truck as well, well worth the investment.