1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Installed Exhaust and Intake, what next for better mpg?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bowtie_04, Mar 26, 2009.

1. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 New Member

Well i've installed a cat-back exhaust and an aftermarket intake, i'm wondering what I can do next to increase my mpg/performance. Any opinions would be great, thanks!
  2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

I would say go for a programmer or a custom tune. Lots of info about both on here, so do some searching around.
  3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

i would recomend a programmer cause you can swap from fuel efficiency mode to tow/haul mode to performance mode. if you dont want that, go with either high flow cats, headers, mass air flow sensor, or larger throttle body
  4. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

programmer. really do some shopping around for them. definately try to find a phone number so you can call a rep. i called a rep at granatelli and he quoted me $286. his name was alex
  5. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

I think doing everything mechanical like headers, then throttlebody spacer, high flow catalytic converters, change the fluids and then get a tuner so that you can get tuned with all your mechanical parts on it. Just my thought.
  6. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 New Member

any recommendations on the high flow cat??
  7. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

i have them on line. i like them, but i have heard that if you go stock, that there isnt really much restriction on the stock cats when new
  8. bzboardco

bzboardco New Member

I agree with him...this is basically what I am doing...building it up then get the custom tune to tie it all together
  9. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member

I say cutom tune
  10. plowxman

plowxman New Member

who is the best person to get a custom tune done by and how long and how much shud it cost