Installed Exhaust and Intake, what next for better mpg?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by bowtie_04, Mar 26, 2009.

1. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

Well i've installed a cat-back exhaust and an aftermarket intake, i'm wondering what I can do next to increase my mpg/performance. Any opinions would be great, thanks!

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would say go for a programmer or a custom tune. Lots of info about both on here, so do some searching around.

3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i would recomend a programmer cause you can swap from fuel efficiency mode to tow/haul mode to performance mode. if you dont want that, go with either high flow cats, headers, mass air flow sensor, or larger throttle body

4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

programmer. really do some shopping around for them. definately try to find a phone number so you can call a rep. i called a rep at granatelli and he quoted me $286. his name was alex

5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think doing everything mechanical like headers, then throttlebody spacer, high flow catalytic converters, change the fluids and then get a tuner so that you can get tuned with all your mechanical parts on it. Just my thought.

6. bowtie_04

bowtie_04 Member

any recommendations on the high flow cat??

7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i have them on line. i like them, but i have heard that if you go stock, that there isnt really much restriction on the stock cats when new

8. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree with him...this is basically what I am doing...building it up then get the custom tune to tie it all together

9. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

I say cutom tune

10. plowxman

plowxman New Member

who is the best person to get a custom tune done by and how long and how much shud it cost